To integrate, coordinate and implement policies and disaster management frameworks with special emphasis on mitigation of disasters in rural areas.
- Develop and implement technical tools and systems for rural disaster management
- Ensure that policies from NDMAF are implemented and incorporated in the routine activities of the Department
- Identify high risk areas
- Provide training and awareness on environmental risk managment measures
- Manage the liaison, coordination and control environmental risk frameworks within rural areas
- Facilitate the implementation of environmental mitigation measures